Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Randomness

It's Friday! Or FriYAY! Or whatever you'd like to call it, either way... it's the weekend! :)

I baked the most delicious, chewy, gooey, chocolatey cookies EVER! Like seriously. The best piece of baking specimen I have every come in contact with. Nate literally uttered the words "this is the best cookie I have evvveerrrrr eaten." And that guy has eaten a lot of cookies in his life... including the 10 he ate in the few hours he was home.


The recipe is insanely easy too. Win. 

I'm also sweet enough to include it for you!

Triple Chocolate Pudding Cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/12 sticks)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 packet instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (obviously you can use whichever type of chocolate you prefer!)

Directions:
1. In a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl with electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and beat on medium-high until creamed and well combined.

2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the pudding mix, and beat on low speed until just combined.

3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl again and add the flour, baking soda, salt and beat on low speed until just combine.

4. Stop, scrape the sides of the bowl again and add the chocolate chips and beat on low speed until just combined.

5. Using a cookie scoop form mounds of dough in balls and flatten slightly.

6. Place the mounds on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will help the dough from spreading during baking.

7. Preheat the oven to 350. Bake for about 10 minutes. I did around 13-15. They will appear "uncooked" but if you test them with a toothpick the toothpick should come out clean. They will be gooey & delicious!



Moving on.

Friday has (for God only knows what reason) been grocery shopping day in our household for the last couple of years. We love it. I've mentioned before that going really late is the perfect time to go. Sadly, all our local grocery stores actually have a closing time & Nate has not been able to go with me the last six weeks. Boo, hiss.

So, I've had to go it all alone for a while now. Let me tell you, it's just not the same! We shop at Wegmans (shout out to you East Coasters) & we really love it. It's one of the greatest grocery stores on the planet, but there are a couple things I just can't get over.

Numero uno - Their cereal selection. Nate & I are cereal whores. We would live on cereal if it were possible. But Wegmans selection is sub par & I will literally march that aisle for 15 minutes and still be empty handed.

Second - The produce section. They have a great selection! A lot of organic & local goods which is amazeballs, but gosh darn it you have to weigh & print out a sticker for every single fruit or vegetable you purchase. It's an undertaking especially when you're like us & buy every produce item there is. It takes for. ev. er. You have to tag team that shit & I have had to go it alone tooooo long now.


I'm terrified of spiders. I mean true arachnophobia up in here. This morning there was a gigantic spider in our room. Big. Huge. ENORMOUS. I stayed calm & hollered to Nate. Problem solved.

A few hours later I'm in our closet putting away my clothes when I notice a "bug" on my shoe rack. Nate was long gone so I had to take care of the situation alone. It wasn't too bad since I knew it was not a spider, but I was positive it was a worm, centipede or mini snake. Naturally I grab another shoe to get rid of the critter. I slowly lift the shoe because I didn't want to make any sudden movements & I quickly go to take a whack and then I realized...

it was a shoelace.


Weekend plans? We're hitting up the public market & one of the local breweries.

Happy weekend to you all! :) XO

No comments:

Post a Comment