Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Overnight Oats

Mmmm. An easy jar of deliciousness. Almost like a dessert for breakfast! It can't get much better than that, am I right???

I've heard A LOT about overnight oats. An abundance of positive things. How easy they are & how damn tasty they are once they hit your mouth hole. So, I finally jumped on the bandwagon & decided to test them out.


They truly are so simple to make. You layer, layer, layer, pour in some sort of dairy whether it be milk or yogurt or a dairy substitute, twist on a lid & boom you have yourself breakfast (or lunch or even, dare I say dinner) for the next day!



This is what I did for our version. I poured 1 cup of oats into a pint size mason jar. Then added a spoonful of peanut butter, sprinkled in some mini chocolate chips (because chocolate anytime of the day is acceptable). Then added a handful of strawberries & blueberries. Finally I poured about a cup of milk over everything until it just covers the filling. Top all that off with a lid & let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.

The next morning we drizzled a wee bit of maple syrup all over those goodies. Gave it all a little stir & then shoveled all of that into our faces! You can obviously add whatever the heck you want to make your own overnight oats & I'm sure whatever you choose it will be soooo good!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment