Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Happenings

I haven't been very good at consistently writing out things we've been up to lately. A tiny little human clearly takes priority, but I would like to occasionally document things for my own memories sake. I figured I would post every so often things we're making, reading, doing etc.


Reading: Children's books & tons of them. Our favorites right now are The Cat at Night, Pout Pout Fish, The Wonderful Things You Will Be, The Mitten & Goodnight Goon (even though this is a Halloween book we love reading it). Books on our reading list (whenever we find the time...) Two by Two & The Girls for me. North Water & The Underground Railroad for Nate.

Making: Once a week, I try to make a meal we've never tried. The last one was a Moroccan pulled pork over rice & this week I'm making skillet chicken with pasta. Both recipes are from here.

Eating: All the sweet seasonal treats! Peppermint stick ice cream, ginger bread cookies & these Pfeffernusse cookies from Trader Joe's. They're addicting.

Drinking: A ton of coffee. We love Trader Joe's coffee. It is the one thing we splurge on. Their Guatemalan coffee is by far our favorite. We've also been trying all the seasonal beer. We really enjoyed Flying Bison's 'Blizzard Bock' & Harpoon Brewery 'Winter Warmer.'

Listening: Holiday music. You only get to listen for so many days out of the year! But other than that we've been listening to a lot of the new Kings of Leon & The SteelDrivers.

Watching: We basically binged Stranger Things. We really loved it. Most recently we watched West World and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  Now that we are finished with both of those we are cramming in all the Christmas movies & holiday baking shows!

Doing: At the beginning of November we took Theo to his first Penn State game! He was a champ. He cried a few times very briefly, but you didn't even know it with all the cheering going on! We recently saw The Trans Siberian Orchestra for the first time! It was my wedding anniversary gift from Nate. We really, really enjoyed it! Totally put us in the holiday spirit. We took Theo & Joe to see Santa Claus. Each of them were really great! The Santa's were a whole other story...

Wanting: Hats. Give me all the hats. I manage to fit a shower in each day, but actually getting to do my hair is a rarity. Thankfully the cold temperatures make my hat wearing adventures seem normal.



Happy Wednesday! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment