Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Happenings

Match Day was on the first day of Spring & it was snowing, go figure. There were many other "firsts" & "once in a century" happenings on that day as well (another medical student informed us of these, otherwise I would have never known...), but really all we cared about were the results in that damn envelope. We had to sit through far too many speakers, watch everyone receive their envelopes & have the most nerve racking countdown on the planet. Finally at noon, after months of waiting, we found out we will be living in Rochester, NY! We couldn't be more excited! It was Nate's #1 choice & myself and our families couldn't be more proud!




Afterwards we were served a fancy lunch with the most delicious desserts.
Later that night the whole medical class went to a local bar with more delicious food & drinks and danced the night away.

Saturday morning I decided to make pop tarts. They are not high on my list of favorite foods, but we had leftover dough from a quiche & weren't sure what to do with it. So pop tarts seemed like the logical choice. They were incredibly easy & really good. 


We also went to see Nate's sister because she had a surprise for Nate (and me). Each of our family members had sent her photos congratulating Nate & then she put them all together in a collage. It was so awesome & way cooler than a card!


Side note...we recently saw Cinderella & it was so much more than I ever thought it would be. She wasn't my favorite princess growing up, but this movie made me love her. It makes me look at our dog in a whole new way. Sometimes I really wish he could talk, but then I rethink that whole notion because he would probably tell me what an idiot I am for talking to him like a baby. I swear he rolls his eyes at me.

Happy Tuesday! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment