Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Weekend

Completely late on our Easter happenings, but it's been a busy few days!


We traveled home to see our families for the holiday. It was really nice since it's been over a month. Sleeping in, having your mom make you a bunny breakfast & slow country roads,what more could a gal ask for? 


Anyway... Nate's family had their Easter dinner on Saturday complete with Easter trivia. It's always fun to be pitted against one another on a holiday. The trivia totally kicked our asses though. We know nothing of the Easter holiday or anything else for that matter. Is it such a terrible thing that I got overly competitive with a 5 year old? I like to think not. She started it anyway. I mean doing the whole "loser, loser, double loser...." is completely normal for a grown woman. In the end we both lost, but I'll get her next year.

My family had Easter dinner on Sunday & as if trivia the day before weren't enough for our competitive hearts, we had an Easter egg hunt & an egg toss. Mind you, there is no one younger than 21 partaking in these activities. We're all trying to figure out what will happen when a grandchild comes. Do we all continue to do the Easter games too? I'd like to think so. We're all kids too! They've gotta learn a thing or two about losing. Am I right? Or am I right? I sound awful, I know.

I learned of loss. I lost both games. Unacceptable. I will blame it on my egg toss partner, she throws like a linebacker & my bag conveniently had a hole in it. Everyone else made out like bandits. Me.. I was awarded the "boobie prize." Literally, my prize had big, ugly boobs attached to it. My dad had to look up those boobs & perfectly cut them out to be placed on my prize envelope. Gross.


Moving along... Monday we traveled to Rochester to look at apartments. We quickly eliminated two. Very quickly. I'm getting old & doggone it I want something nice & new! This leads me to our final option. It's brand new! New appliances, new tubs, new floors, new walls. I could squeal just writing all of that! The only hiccup is that construction is not complete, but is supposed to be completed by the time we would like to move. Fingers crossed.


Have a fabulous rest of the week! :) XO

No comments:

Post a Comment