Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Birthday Festivities!

My birthday was this past weekend. :)
Saturday morning Nate made me french toast with fruit & topped it off with dinosaur sprinkles. Mmmmm. We then got around because he had a surprise! The surprise was a trip to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. It was such a great time! It is pretty wild how amazing animals are. The gorillas are almost eerie to look at with their human like qualities, the lions were b-e-a-utiful! (of course all I think of is The Lion King the entire time) & I have acquired a new favorite animal: the sloth bear. I have so kindly included a picture of that cutie below.







 (THE sloth bear)

 (the humidity wreaked havoc on my hair!)

The zoo may have been the perfect surprise & it made me feel like a kid (I may have acted like a child as well each time I saw a new animal). Because truly, who wants to act like a grown up anyway? It really is a blessing that I do not look my age!

Sunday was my actual birthday. It was a really nice, relaxing day spent with my boys. We went for a run & made chicken & spinach pizza for dinner with our new pizza stone! Nate made me a triple chocolate chunk cake & it was delicious (this was the reason for running on my birthday...).




 (My birthday gifts. I've wanted these for a while! All white everything. Butter & eggs were not included) ;)

Next years birthday may not be as cheerful. I may even ignore it all together (it's the dirty thirty).


Happy Wednesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment