Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving... is for the Bird(s).

It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is already upon us! We will be traveling home tomorrow for the holiday & we can hardly wait (although there is now snow in the forecast...). I love watching the Macy's day parade each year! A few years ago my family and I went & it was such a great experience, but definitely more cozy to watch in the comfort of your home! Each year Nate & I have to stuff our faces twice at each of our family dinners. It's a lot of running around, but so worth it so that we can see everyone! I am baking pies this year for each of our dinners. Pumpkin for my family & apple for Nate's. My pumpkin pie was a hit last year, but this will be my first time baking an apple pie! 

We will have a gigantic turkey to accommodate everyone, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallows & cinnamon & a relish tray. We always have a relish tray at all our holiday gatherings & I probably fill up way to much on them! I love pickles & olives & cream cheese filled jalepenos! Yummy. 

For anyone interested in some last minute Thanksgiving decor, here is a free print! You can save this file directly to your computer & have it printed at a photo shop or at home on cardstock. This is NOT a hand drawn chalkboard, but I think it will do just the trick! :) Plus, you can always check out my shop for Thanksgiving prints. They are sent directly to your email for download! :)


What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? I hope you all have a wonderful, family filled, turkey stuffed Thanksgiving day!

P.S. follow my instagram feed @meggie.ann for a special treat on Black Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment